In the middle of playing trains and Legos this morning I have been toying with the idea of starting a blog carnival type thing. I LOVE getting other ideas from teachers and learning what other people do in their classroom. I participate in many other bloggers carnivals such as What I'm Loving Wednesday, Top 2 Tuesday, Show Us Your Life Friday and things like that. This summer I participated in Teacher Week over at Babbling Abby and L-O-V-E-D getting to peek into other teacher's rooms and learn what works for them and share some of my ideas too. From Teacher Week I found SO MANY great teacher blogs and blogs of people whom I can relate. So I thought it would be fun to create a place where teachers could link up and share. It may happen once a month or every week depending on if it works. I know that many of you are not teachers and that this blog is mainly a way for me to tell my stories from our family happenings, but being a teacher is a huge part of MY STORY and I am always on the lookout for new ideas. So with that being said- If I started TEACHER TALK THURSDAY would any of you want to play along with me? Do you have any teacher friends that might like to play along too? Let me know what you think and if you have any topic ideas that we could start with.
Lindsey, over at Fillies and Juleps, awarded me with a Stylish Blogger Award.
With this award comes duties. Four of them.
*Share 7 things about yourself.
*Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won!
1. I cry every time I see the Disney Christmas morning commerical where the parents tell the kids they are going to Disney. Have you seen it? Ohmyword. Not sure why, but I cry every time.
2. I am obsessed with Lip Gloss and have been for as long as I can remember. Even as a little girl I always carried a Lip Smacker. These days I have become addicted to the Bubble Gum Mint flavor from VS. Many think it sounds gross, but I love my lip gloss to have a tingle to it.
3. I have never straightened my hair. People ask me ALL THE TIME what straightener I use and I just laugh. My hair is stick straight! It does not have even the slightest wave in it. It does not hold curl which made those early 90's cheerleader ponytails impossible fir this girl. The only time it has been curly is once when I might have had a permed mullet. But that is a WHOLE different story for a different day.
4. I cannot go to bed at night in an unmade bed. I (we- whoever is up last) make our bed EVERY MORNING. I have to. No matter how late we are it has to get made. It is hard for me to function if the bed is not made. And if for some reason it does not get made (reason being Stuart is last one up and he did not make it) I have to make it before I can get into it.
5. I am addicted to sale shopping. I love a good online sale, warehouse sale, 1 Day Only sale, heck- even a yard sale. I pride myself in my ability to find a good sale. (For example just ordered the $98.00 JCrew sweater I have been eyeing for $17.99 after sale and coupon code & I am loving the Vineyard Vines order that just came for my boys. 40%off, free shipping and a little extra from a coupon code) I buy a season ahead for Clark from end of the season clearance sales to keep him stylin' and my bank account happy.
6. I have an older sister and a younger brother. My sister is 10 years older than me and she has two boys that are both in high school. She lives in my hometown. My younger brother is 16 months younger than me and he lives on Martha's Vineyard. He studied turf/golf course management in college and works at a golf course on The Vineyard. He is obsessed with Clark and I think that is so cute. If he wouldn't kill me, I would totally enter him over at Kelly's Korner Show Us your Life Friday singles addition! :)
7. I love board games. I was in a meeting last night and they asked us to introduce ourselves by telling our name and our favorite board game and I was a little stressed because I had to pick ONE. I love Scatagories, Cranium, Trivial Pursuit, Catch Phrase, Taboo, Apples to Apples-just to name a few. I enjoy a good game night and wish I got to play more often.
There you have it. Seven facts about me on this now snowy day.
I am passing the award on to:
1.) Meredith @ The Davis's
2.) Kate @ The Bradshaw Buzz
3.) Kerbi @ So You Are To Me
4.) Kaelin @ The Thacker Family
5.) Emily @ Live A Charmed Life
Here is my guy singing to me while we ate breakfast this morning.
It pretty much sums up why I LOVE snow days.
(Clark is pretty quiet so you might want to scroll down to the bottom of my page and pause my playlist so you can hear his sweet voice.)
Untitled from Abby Snyder on Vimeo.
In case you are unaware. He is singing the theme song to the show The Wonder Pets. ha!