Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Classrom Wreath How-To.

So yesterday during nap time I decided to get a little crafty. I am not the Martha Stewart on the block, but I had seen this wreath on Pinterest and other blogs so I decided to try my own version. I am so glad I did because I think the outcome is pretty darn cute for my first one and I know I could do even better next time. It only took about an hour and cost me less than $10.00 to make (i think).


Step One:
Buy foam pipe from the plumbing section at Lowes. 6ft for $0.97!!

Step Two:
Cut foam pipe in half.

Step Three:
Duct tape foam pipe to make your wreath base.

No- I did not think of the foam pipe part myself. My friend Rachel found the idea on Pinterest. I LOVED IT.

More materials needed.

1. Fabric to cover foam pipe.
Since our WalMart (or no place else in town) sells fabric I bought this table cloth
on the clearance rack at WalMart for $2.99 and cut strips of it to use. It worked well.

2. Some ribbon.

3. 3 boxes of NEW crayons.

Step Four:
Wrap foam pipe with material (or tablecloth in my case!)
I used hot glue gun to secure in place.

Wrapped wreath.

Step Five:
Hot glue crayons to wrapped wreath. I did not get them perfectly straight- but hey.

Step Six:
Add ribbon to hang wreath and I even tied a piece on a crayon as a bow.

Step Seven:
Hang on classroom door as a lovely welcome to your new kiddos!
(Or if you are not a teacher this would make a WONDERFUL Back to School gift for your child's teacher!)


Well, what do you think??



8 comments:

  1. That wreath is so precious! What a great classroom idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it so much! Thanks for the tutorial! It's SO cute!
    -Rachelle
    whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I made one for my classroom and just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that on Pinterest too and loved it! I am glad you tried it first, now you can help me make one for my classroom door!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I'm so glad that foam stuff worked. I haven't bought any yet, but I was so excited when I found that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw this idea on Pinterest last week and love the idea! I was planning on heading to Michael's to get supplies as soon as I get a coupon in my email box :)
    Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I am a bit behind on my blog reading...whoops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen that idea popping up on Pinterest. You've inspired me to try it. I'm a 5th grade teacher (new to blogging and 5th grade!) Can't wait to keep up with your blog!

    Jordon :)

    messyjofu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...