Thursday, February 24, 2011

Teacher Talk Thursday

Thursday is nearly over and I am not one to usually wish away life, but THANK GOODNESS this week is coming to a close. I am worn out, my house is filthy and I just need a big ol' nap! I am hoping this weekend involves time to clean and sleep. A magical cleaning lady showing up at my door would be even nicer, but since my mom is in Vegas this week and she is the closest I know to a magical cleaning lady, I guess I will have to do it myself.

Things have been really busy in my classroom this week. We have been reviewing place value, learning all about Black History, working hard on our Daily 5, and our cereal box book reports among many other things. Since I did not make up a topic for this week's Teacher Talk, I thought I would share some pictures from my kiddo's book projects.

They were to read a realistic fiction chapter book and do a book report. Not just any book report but a CEREAL BOX BOOK REPORT. Have you ever done these? This meant they had to create a cereal that had something to do with the book they read. The cereal box was covered with information about the book, included a game relating to the book and even a prize inside that connected to the story. They then had to write and preform commercial to share about their book./cereal. I video taped these commercials and they were a hoot! I found this idea HERE. From my dear friend (not in real life) Beth. I LOVE her ideas. I had never done it before and I worried what they might show up with. (If they even showed up with anything!)  I sent home a complete packet explaining all parts of the project, posted info and examples on my classroom blog and emailed parents to remind them. Let me tell you they did an outstanding job and EVERYONE participated!! I was so thrilled.

Here are some pictures of the finished products of a few of the kids that presented today:












That would be "Zombie Oos"- in case you were confused by the backward z. :)

I had to share a picture of this little guy.
He wore a shirt and tie and acted as the CEO of the cereal company he named after him!
SOOOOO CREATIVE.




I have the info packet that I sent home to parents if you are interested let me know and I will email it to you.
These were SO MUCH FUN & I can't wait for round two of the commercials tomorrow.
Hope you are having a GREAT Thursday!!

Link up and share something that is going on in your classroom! I love to see all of your ideas.

NEXT WEEK'S TOPIC: MY DAILY SCHEDULE.
I love to hear how other people's day are scheduled at their school. Please come back and share what a typical day in your classroom is like!




LINK UP HERE:

12 comments:

  1. Alright I feel like a dummy. I forgot, what do I click on to link up? LinkWithin?

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got it! Thanks for not calling me names for being a bit slow. :)

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention earlier that your students projects are FANTASTIC! Great job teacher. :)

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't find the place to link up. :(

    My Teacher Talk today is a guest blog from my mom's classroom (2nd grade) Enjoy!

    katielately1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love the Cereal Box Book Report!! Can you email the info packet to me??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are awesome! I've always wanted to do those, but forget about them. I can't wait to participate next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love cereal box reports! My students to persuasive commercials for Johnny Appleseed Day and it's one of my most favorite days of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so much fun! I have done a paper bag book report before, but never a cereal box book report. My 4th graders would love that and I am already thinking how I could include it in my full teach over the next 6 weeks. I would love a copy of the packet you sent home.

    k.e.klohn@gmail.com
    missklohnsclassroom.blogspot.com

    P.S. I can't wait to participate next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, love the projects- they turned out so great! I would love a copy of your info packet when you get a chance! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay those are SO cute! I know the kids loved doing them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to have the parent packet and try this with my class. So neat! I am a sped teacher and have 8 kids in a reg 4th grade inclusion class. This might be right up their alley.

    You can email me at wareaglegirl30@gmail.com if you don't mind sharing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...