Monday, November 28, 2011

So much to be THANKFUL for.

This year we celebrated Thanksgiving with my family at my mom and dad's house. It was extra special because it was the first one for the twins and they got to meet so many people including their great grandparents. My mom works non stop and I hate that she did all the work for this holiday too, but she is so darn good at it and maybe one day when I have my act together I will be able to take over the hosting duties, but until then I will enjoy her hard work. I did try to pay closer attention when she made the stuffing because I love it and no one makes it quite like she does but I don't think I quite have it perfected.


All my turkeys!

My mom- AKA Wonder Woman.

Yes, my dad helps too!


My nephew Kaden got in on the act as well.
He made pies and cakes for the meal- yummo!

Check out the DARLING cupcakes my mom and my oldest nephew Brant made!


This guy was the official icing taste tester!


We had lots of good food and lots of family. My grandma C (my mom's mom) and all of my mom's sisters and their significant others, my sister, her boys, our wild bunch and a few others here and there and we had a full table. I believe there were close to 20 counting the babies. Of course everything was delicious and the company was not half bad either! :) My children were spoiled and who am I kidding- so was I. It was nice to have so many people around that wanted to hold and love on my babies and even change diapers!! There is no doubt about the fact that they are loved.


SK & Uncle Bill- (aka- BEEL)

The Duo with my Aunt Jennie & Jodie.

Our dear friend Linda and Shep.

Yes, they put my baby in a basket. No, she did not mind. :)
It is not often that my mom and all of her sisters are together in one place so of course we took some pictures to remember the moment. They sure are a special group of women.




back row: Aunt Jeannie & Aunt Jennie
front row Lto R: My momma, grandma, and Aunt Jodie

On Friday, we packed up and headed to Chillicothe, OH to visit my dad's parents so the twins could meet their great grandparents and my dad's sisters. Yes, it was a lot of traveling with all 3 kiddos and we had been gone since Wednesday morning, but it was totally worth it. It was very important to us that the babies meet all of their great-grandparents and Clark visit with them too. We just recently lost Stuart's grandmother before she got to meet the twins and we really wanted to make sure they got to spend the holiday with loved ones while we still can. My grandpa has not been very well and I had not seen him since his 90th birthday this summer so I was very glad to make the trip.

Grandpa L and his sweet baby girl.

Grandma and Shepard.

Aunt Peggy LOVES babies!


Aunt Carol and SK.
It was a family filled holiday and I am so glad we were able to see so many members of our family since we are all so spread out. The twins have now almost met all of their aunts and uncles and have met all of their living grandparents.

We got home late Friday night and then enjoyed a Snyder Thanksgiving on Saturday. Stuart's parents came up and watched the kids and we went out to lunch and went Christmas shopping. It was nice to spend the day with him. We can officially say that Santa is done shopping for the kids and it was very fun shopping for all three of them!! Clark is really into Christmas this year and it was so much fun shopping for some of the things on his wish list. I can't wait to see him on Christmas morning.

We really do have way more than we deserve and so much to be thankful for. I thought about making a list of the things I am thankful for but I am not sure there is enough room on this blog. My cup runneth over and my heart is so full. We are truly blessed. We may not always have the best days and things may not always be easy but I am so happy with our little life, our growing family and the fact that God has entrusted us with all of these blessings and for that I thank Him everyday.





I hope you had a great weekend, ate too much, and found something to be thankful for.





DON'T FORGET!! I am hosting a giveaway for FREE Christmas cards and it ends TONIGHT at 6.
I hope you enter. It is a good one!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my heart those personalized onesies are precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a grandparent, your post made me cry. I am such a believer in the importance of family. You have to love them while they are around, tomorrow may be too late... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about you as you start to plan to go back to work! I must say, I DREADED it with a capital D, but it wasn't nearly as rough as I thought it would be. It sounds like you love your job too, and that eases a lot of pain! Plus I am SOO in love with my family of four when I come home from work, EVERY single night I am reminded how much I have to be thankful for, and I am sure you will too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...