Saturday, September 10, 2011

Our All Star... Well Kind Of.

This morning was Clark's first experience with organized sports. Today he started Pee Wee sports here in town. It is a program through the YMCA for 3-5 year olds where they learn the basics of four sports in six Saturday morning sessions. We were not sure at first if this season would be a good time to sign him up due to the fact that we have two babies arriving ANY DAY, but we are so glad we did. We think it will be a great activity for Stuart and Clark to do on Saturday mornings and allow for some Clark only time. I am so worried about him feeling left out once the babies come so I think this will be a great thing for him.

Today was day one and they worked on soccer skills. Let's just say Clark was not the best listener and had to be corrected by the coach a few times, but hopefully he will get the hang of things. His buddy Jack was there too and C was very interested in what Jack was doing and not so much the directions. So needless to say he was not the All Star athlete today, but it was super cute to watch and he might get it before the six weeks are up. HOPEFULLY.  I tried to take lots of pictures because I am not sure how many of these I will be able to go to. So here are a few of our guy on his first try at sports.



Clark and Jack telling the "coach" their names.


They worked on listening. Running when he said GREEN and stopping on RED.



C's turn to kick.

Our goalie.


GO TEAM!
(i love this.)

 Just looking at these pictures makes me realize how BIG he is getting! Such fun times with our little man and knowing that this is just the beginning of our time hanging out at the ball field. :)'
We heard next week was flag football- now that should be interesting.





3 comments:

  1. did I just read correctly that you have to make it until 10/4??? I honestly don't know how women carrying twins make it anywhere close to their date and I certainly dont know how you are still working even though you don't like to hear that. I can't wait to see pics of your sweet angels though. It really is amazing to see those 2 babies outside your body and know you grew them both inside your body AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!

    I wish I could put into words what the past 4 weeks has really been like for me and for my family. I am sort of afraid to though because I don't want anybody to think I don't feel very blessed or love my babies. There is just soooo much that goes into bringing home 2 new babies that it is very overwhelming. I was very stressed at the amount of company se were having coupled with no sleep. I was a basket case. I finally just had to put my foot down on the company. Since I wasn't really sure of our schedule I couldn't sleep even when I laid down and had time to sleep. That has gotten better too.

    and I guess, I don't know this, but I feel like my hormones took a double slap in the face. There was lots of crying for no reason. Add in the 2.5 year old that we have treated like a little adult, I'll just use the word rough although many more come to mind.

    then you have the hubby trying to figure out exactly where his place is in all this. I mean you are growing from a family of 3 to 5 in the blink of an eye.

    just find your inner super hero powers. Set boundaries and guidelines and stick to them even if you feel like a crazy person.

    is there anything else I can tell you to make you feel like this is the worst thing ever??? Ha ha!

    for real it is amazing! And I can safely say week 4 was way better than week 3 and I expect the trend to continue. Feel free to ask any questions because clearly I'm the expert. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just browsing your blog (I was looking for the foam tutorial, I found it lol),noticed you were going to have another son, and wanted to share some websites I thought you might look into. I don't know how you did things the first time around :)
    http://blogs.babble.com/being-pregnant/2011/09/08/two-sons-two-different-decisions/
    and
    http://www.thewholenetwork.org/
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog from In This Wonderful Life twin linkup! I just had twins this past June (boy/girl) and they're ten weeks old now. I also have a two-year-old son Connor! I'm excited to be a new follower of your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...