Friday, October 28, 2011

Dorm Date & Pumpkins

Fall is my most favorite time of year. This fall has been a busy one- you know- having two babies and all, but we have made time to do most of the fun fall things that make this momma happy. Last night we managed to do two fun fall activities and it was a good night.

The evening started with a date with a super cute 3 year old and ended with some family pumpkin carving. The date began at a place where a few of my past dates began- my old college dorm! Yes, that is correct. I took my child to the place where I lived my freshman and sophomore year in college for Trick or Treat. It was so much fun to wander the halls where I made so many memories and to make a new memory with my little man. Let me tell you, he loved it and has a stuffed candy bag to prove it. I loved that the dorm looks the exact same and I had a hard time believing that it had been 10 years since I was there passing out candy and ooohing and ahhhing over the cute little kids. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed the time with just Clark. We might have even hit up Chick-Fl-A afterward. We will be adding this to the Fall Must Do list.


Knight Hall Trick or Treat 2011

Clark on Third Wing- Where I lived as a freshman.



On the way home from our date the little alien asked if we could "cut the pumpkin" when we got home. I agreed and that is just what we did. We ate our dinner, fed the babies and "cut the pumpkin". No, it is not the most beautiful jack-o-lantern ever, but at one time I was cutting out eyes and holding a baby at the same time, so yes I think it is pretty good! ha! Clark was a little disgusted with the interior of a pumpkin, but he sure did like the finished product and I loved the whole evening. I loved the cool weather, the dorm date, the easy clean up dinner, the glowing pumpkin and the memories made. I just loved it all. It is evenings like this that I want to document and hold on to so that on evenings that are wild and all three are screaming and I am in tears or evenings when they are grown and the house is quiet that I will want to pull out this memory and re-live it- ALL of it.


"Momma, that's gross!"









Have I mentioned I LOVE FALL??!



5 comments:

  1. Well done momma! Those are the moments that get all of us through the tough stuff...it's the possibility and promise....that some days it all works out and everyone is smiling, happy...and life is just GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Everything about it. Especially the very last picture of you and your 3 littles. And, I think the pumpkin looks fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to this post and love the way you worded it...holding on to the memories from good nights and reminding yourself of them even on the not as good, wild, and crazy nights!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhh! I use to live in knight hall!!! So many memories - hubby and I started dating then too!!! The babies are getting so big - I love their swaddle blanket costumes, I've never seen anything like those,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, that last picture is so, so great of you and your babies! Love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...