Sunday, December 12, 2010

Thomas Party & Santa Sighting

The snow is flying and I am being so L-A-Z-Y. I have put off everything I had planned to do today in hopes that there will be no school tomorrow. I hope this does not turn out to be a bad idea. We went to church, stopped by Kroger (with EVERYONE else in town...no carts!) and headed home. Since I have been here I have done no laundry and not cleaned one thing. I have a pile of clothes in my bathroom that I am supposed to have hung and ready to go to the consignment store tomorrow that are still waiting on me. I have made some Santa cookies with my little Santa lover and managed to get Stuart to put his NFL Sunday Ticket on pause long enough to watch Polar Express. C loved it and calls it Christmas Express. Of course he loved it, it involved trains. :) We are now all hanging around in the dusty living room wearing our sweats, with a floor covered in trains & blankets and watching T.V. It has been quite the relaxing day and I would love to do it all again tomorrow.

This weekend we went to a Thomas The Train birthday party in Lexington. My child was in heaven. (THANKS KENTON!) He loved every minute of the event. It was like his dream world. I am thinking he would have stayed there forever had I left him. The pictures speak for themselves. I am thinking if this Thomas addiction remains this strong in June, we may have found the perfect birthday spot.

They had 3 train tables.

A Thomas you could ride on!



They even got to paint their own train!

C hard at work on his masterpiece.

Lovin' every minute of it.

Since we were in Lexington we decided to try and visit Santa. C has been talking all about him, but I was a little worried how he would react to seeing him in person. The girls at the party told me that the Santa at Lexington Green TOOK RESERVATIONS! So I called and made an appointment. How perfect! So we went and did not have to wait in a long line. He was a little whimpery at first as he watched two little boys ahead of him. But once it was his turn he did fine. Santa asked him what he would like for Christmas and he said "Trains". Santa asked him what else he wanted and he replied "just trains". It was super cute and I was one proud momma. So proud that I paid $30.00 for the entire disk of pictures. Look how BIG he is!

My sweet boy & Santa.

Yes, Santa- just trains!


 After leaving Santa we shopped for ONE WHOLE HOUR at Joesph Beth Bookstore. He was so good and I scored a ton of books for my classroom. They has an entire section on sale. We are talking $1.99 books and then they let me use m 20% educator discount on top of that! I was thrilled.  It was such a wonderful evening - Great party, successful Santa visit, well behaved 2 year old and cheap children's books!  And nearly equally exciting news just flashed across my screen:
 NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!! 
Now, I am off to put my boy to bed and enjoy my time with the Housewives and the Walkers in their entiriety knowing that I do not have to be up at 5:30 am!! Yipee!



4 comments:

  1. Ahh! I'm so jealous! I could totally use a snow day! We've just had rain all day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where on earth is that cool train place? I'll definitely have to pass that along to other friends with boys! Looks so cool and though we LOVED the Lex Green Santa last year, we had no idea he took reservations!! ENJOY YOUR SNOW DAY!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the really real Santa! Clark still looks a tad apprehensive......you're going to have a absolutely wonderful Christmas with this lucky lucky boy! M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby,
    Where is the Thomas place? Alexander would love it! He got a train set for Christmas, too - His reaction was great "I GOT A TRAIN!"
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...