Thursday, December 23, 2010

2 THINGS.

Two quick things to share on this day before Christmas Eve as I really need to be cleaning toilets and showers because my in laws are coming tomorrow and it is nap time so I could be working on so many other things, but this is much more fun!

FIRST:
It is a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE. My child got a haircut and looks less mullet-ish and more big boy-ish but I do love it. THANK YOU KERRI for getting us in so that Clark might actually be able to see the
toys that Santa leaves because he now has no hair in his eyes. YAY.

BEFORE
Pardon for the blurry, during lunch shot taken with my phone.

AFTER
Sticking with the blurry, during meal, phone shot.


SECOND:
Last night was our MOPS steering team Christmas dinner. Our fearless leader Betsy brought us some yummy, salty, sweet goodness and my friend Mindy and I tried our best to recreate them today.  You are going to want to write this down. They are the best carmel and chocolate coated pretzel rods you have ever had! So while our boys played and Drew tried to teach Clark how to play online games on the laptop (that kid is AMAZING), Mindy and I worked it in the kitchen making gobs and gobs of yummy goodness! Thanks so much Mindy- We loved every minute of it!!



Step ONE- Make Carmel.
 Carmel:

1 stick of butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup Karo syrup
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Put all ingredients in a pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, boil for 5 minutes- stirring continuously . Then remove from heat and let cool until slightly thickened. Dip the pretzels and lay them on buttered wax paper (to avoid sticking) to cool. After cool, dip in chocolate.



Step TWO: Dip pretzels in slightly cooled carmel.
(Please ignore the no shower look! )


Step THREE: Let carmel pretzels cool.


Step FOUR: Dip in melted almond bark.
We used white chocolate and milk chocolate.

Step SIX: Before chocolate hardens, add decor- sprinkles, sugar and such.

GREAT JOB CLARK! I think Santa will LOVE this one!

Be sure to clean up all messes!

VOILA! Finished product!!

These will be gone in no time!

They are so yummy and cute that we decided this will be what we leave out for Santa- he will need a break from all the cookies. If you do decide to make them, let me know how it turns out!!

Merry Christmas!!



2 comments:

  1. I just recently had chocolate covered pretzels with caramel and they were SO good! And...I can't believe how much our dogs look alike! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that your kitchen? It is GORGEOUS!! I love it! Those chocolate dipped pretzels look pretty tasty, too! yum! :) My gosh I've ate terribly the past little bit...but I keep craving the junk! nom nom nom haah :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...