I am NOT COMPLAINING.
I know I am blessed beyond measure and I thank GOD everyday for it all- however today was a rough one. I am kind of in the rambling mood and I feel completely sorry for my friend Mindy and our sitter Mrs. Bonnie because they got the brunt of my pity party today and for that I apologize. I love you both for ALWAYS listening. So just in case you want to listen too- here goes.
Here are a few things on my mind:
1. Today was Election Day and the kiddos did not have to come to school- HOWEVER the teachers did have to report and we spent the day deconstructing standards. Let me tell you that was FUN TIMES.
2. I have recently lost a few followers and I know that MANY of you are teachers and are hoping for more teacher related posts, but we have 8 days of school left and although I am going to miss my kiddos terribly I am SOOOO ready for summer and the only school related things I can think about are packing up my room and mentally preparing for next year.
3. O YEAH- Next year. I found out on Sunday night that I will be teaching 5th grade next year. 5TH GRADE. I am not really sure what to expect- 5th grade is not something I NEVER wanted to do- at the beginning of this year I requested to be considered for 1st grade (mostly because I LOVE reading all of your adorable 1st grade blogs and want to be like you!) HOWEVER- once I learned that I was expecting twins I quickly retracted that request. 1st grade is such a HUGE learning curve and I am not sure that I would be able to put the time and energy in those little ones with three little ones of my own. SOOOO 5th grade it is.
5th Grade PROS:
- I will be taking over the position of the retiring teacher who will be doing my long term sub. She is retiring this year and will be coming back to take over for me once I have these babies. How convenient is that? (Also she is the lovely lady I student taught with and someone I feel 100% comfortable leaving my kiddos with)
- I have already had many of the upcoming 5th graders when they were in 3rd grade. Which will make relationship building much easier as I will be out having babies.
- I will be teaching English/Language Arts. So I will be planning ONE lesson and doing it three times a day. This will be nice with two babies and a toddler at home. - I HOPE.
- I LOVE the 5th grade team. One of my best friends is the Social Studies teacher and the math teacher is so much fun and outstanding.
- 5th grade takes a week long trip to Washington D.C. that I am so excited to be part of!
- I am ready for a change.
- I am sure there are PLENTY more.
- I have to move rooms.
- I have a HUGE closet and will be moving to a room with NO closet. I have become so accustomed to the closet- HOW WILL I SURVIVE?
- 5th graders are BIG & SMELLY. Will the love me? Will they color me pictures? Will they give me hugs? Will they tell me I look pretty on days when I have dirty hair and wrinkled clothes? That part makes me a little nervous.
- A LOT more grading and scores.
- I am sure there are PLENTY more.
4. (TMI alert) I have not kept ANYTHING down in 3 days. I am exhausted and so tired of throwing up. I love these sweet babies sooooooo much but I am so over throwing up. I am thinking that I am so exhausted because the babies are getting NO FOOD and are draining my body of all it has to offer which is wearing this momma out. I will be calling the doctor tomorrow. I know it is bad when Clark yells at me this morning "Momma- stop frowing up in my bathroom". I am so sorry buddy! So sorry. Believe me.
5. It was like 45 degrees today. IT IS MAY. 45 degrees REALLY?!?!
6. 14 MORE DAYS UNTIL I GET TO SEE THESE BABIES. I have my BIG ultrasound on the 31st and I am over the moon excited to get a glimpse of the duo and hopefully they will be big, strong and healthy and show us their genders. 14 more days. 14 more days. 14 more days. Hopefully seeing them I will forget about how badly I have felt recently.
7. NEW GLEE TONIGHT. YAY!!
8. This guy is mine.
10. And they both love me no matter how bad I feel, how much I throw up, what grade I teach or how long the day is and for that I am thankful. VERY THANKFUL.
If you read this whole post bless your heart! I just needed to ramble, get it out and now it is time for GLEE followed by bedtime. I hope you have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY- thanks for listening.