Saturday was your birthday and you turned 2! Mommy is having a hard time dealing with the fact that it has been two years since you were born. You are getting so big and you are so smart. You learn something new everyday and you keep me and daddy laughing at all of your new "tricks". We love to spend time with you and watch you take in all the sights of this big world. You are a fun, fearless little man and we are so thankful that we were chosen to be your mommy and daddy. Thank you for being you and for all of the joy you have brought to our lives in these two short years. We love you so very much and we always will.
ALL ABOUT YOU
We are not too sure! We go to Dr. Warner on Tuesday so we will see how much you have grown since your 18 month appointment. We think you weigh about 30lbs.
Cars, trucks, motorcycles, ELMO, MICKEY MOUSE, THOMAS, dinosaurs, swimming, "backetball", "play golf" (since we went to the golf tournament- everything but basketball is golf!), choo choos, books, you LOVE animals, eating, wrestling with daddy and Barney, swings, slides, Little People, firetrucks, blocks, cooking in your kitchen, dancing, running, balloons- just to name a few!
Your Favorite Foods:
CHIPS AND SALSA ( You can eat an entire basket when we go out to eat. When we pass a Mexican restaurant you scream CHIPS!, your buddy Drew even got you your very own salsa bowl like they have at the Mexican restaurants for your birthday!)
cheese (only the single slices)
yogurt (you do great at eating it all by yourself with your spoon- makes mommy proud!)
peanut butter sandwichesfruit snacks
You wear a size 7 shoe. You are wearing mostly 2T clothing and some 24 months. You are wearing a size 5 diaper (and showing a few signs of interest in the potty but not much!)
What you LOVE to watch on TV:
Dinosaur Train, Sesame Street, Chuggington, and your favorite is MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE!- You get so excited when it comes on. You dance, scream and do the roll call of all of the friends. I think you just might have a crush on Daisy Duck!
Other GREAT things you are doing these days:
1. You are a great shopper- Mommy can take you anywhere; Target, clothing shopping, Kroger, anywhere! You love to ride in the cart or your stroller and watch people. I hope you keep this up. You make it very easy to go places!
2. You are saying all kinds of new words and phrases. You are also making all kinds of animal sounds, vehicle sounds. You make sentences and try really hard to carry on conversations with mommy and daddy.
3. You are becoming very polite. You say please(pees), and thank you (tank you), you even say sorry (sirry) when you do something by accident. Daddy and I love that! It is very cute when you say "Sirry Momma"- it just melts my heart!!
4. You LOVE your big brother Barney. You two play well together and even fight like brothers. We love to watch you interact with him. Many people cannot get over how well you two interact. Barney is a BIG boy, but he is very protective of you and puts up with a lot from you!
5. You love to point out things you know. In the car, in books on TV, you love to point out things you recognize. Many times daddy and I did not even notice it. - but you can spot a puppy, motorcycle, tiger, shark anything! You love to show us how smart you are.
6. You love to give kisses and hugs! When you say "Lub you momma", I nearly cry.
I could go on for days about all of the things I love about you and all of the fun things you are doing these days. You really are a sweet little boy and I hope you stay sweet forever!
For your birthday we had a playground party at our church playground. It started out as a rainy day so we had some of the party inside. You played with playdough and colored with your friends. After a while it cleared up and we played outside. You love playgrounds and you and your friends had so much fun! You were a good sport. You played, ate cake, opened your gifts and said bye bye to your buddies. Mamaw and Papaw Loschert came to your party too!!
The next day we went to New Haven, KY with Grammy and Grandpa Snyder to see Thomas the Train. You do not watch a lot of Thomas, but you LOVE trains and you know who Thomas is. You call him "Choo Choo Thomees". It was about 95 degrees and I was worried you might be over tired from your party the day before, but you were quite the trooper! We made it through the whole day with no meltdowns...well, we were all melting from the heat, but YOU did not cry. You played with the model trains, danced, played with bubbles and LOVED seeing real live trains. We had lots of fun watching you get so excited to see the choo choos. It was well worth the heat and a good day!
Now mommy is on summer break from school and we get to spend lots of time together and that makes me very happy. We are taking a summer session of Kindermusik, we have a baby pool in the back yard and we have no real agenda. I have a feeling we are going to do a lot of reading, watching Mickey, playing outside and laughing and I can't wait!!
Love you so much!!