Monday, September 6, 2010

Snyder Strider

Yesterday was the first day in a LONG time that we have had no agenda. It was DELIGHTFUL. We went to church where I taught children's church. The kids were great and really enjoyed spending time with them. I usually dread doing it and would rather sit in the sanctuary with Stuart to hear the sermon, but afterwards I am always so thankful that I have done it. Those kids usually end up teaching me something. I teach 3rd and 4th graders so it is fun to see the same age kids I teach everyday but be able to talk to them about God, pray with them and hear all about their week. It is just not something I get to do teaching public school and it is refreshing.

After church, we came home ate lunch and cleaned up around the house. We worked on the laundry while Clark took a nap. I caught up on my blog stalking since I was WAYYYYY behind and we just had a lazy but productive afternoon.

After nap time, we talked about going to the orchard or someplace outside because the weather was beautiful. We decided to wait until next weekend for that since the orchard is having a festival next weekend with events, vendors and other fun things. So we just decided to hang out at home in the yard and go there next weekend.

I cleaned out my (nasty, very lived in looking) car while Stuart and C rode bikes up and down the sidewalk. C got a Strider Bike for his birthday in June and because it has been so HOT we have not used it much. I read about this bike on other blogs and decided it was just what we needed. It is a balance bike and it only has 2 wheels and no pedals. It teaches them to balance on 2 wheels and avoids the frustration of a tricycle. Once he gets the hang of balancing he will be able to pick up his feet and glide too. He really just thinks he is a big shot and loves to take Mickey on rides. There was much less falling down this time than last time and I think he is getting the hang of it. It was just so nice to be outside enjoying each other with no place to go!

September is jam packed with birthday parties, the consignment sale and all kinds of agendas so it was a much needed day of nothing!











Happy Labor Day! (I hope you are doing something very non-labor like!)


3 comments:

  1. What a cool bike?! I love it! :)
    Glad you had an agenda free, long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, a strider bike? Going to have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does Mickey need a helmet? These pictures are adorable...Mammy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...